top of page

The Contingent Fife and Drum Clique

 

HISTORICAL
Fife & Drums of the Friborg Grenadiers Contingent ___________________________________________________

1914 The Contingent pays the service for 6 drums and fifes 3 francs per day for 3 days of service.

1952 It is the drums of the Zaehringia who play for the Contingent with the chief drummer Francis Collet and the fifes of the Contingent under the orders of the Drum Major (TM) Louis Aubert.

1959 Munich (München): 6 drums from the Zaehringia and 6 fifes from the Contingent participate.

1962 Members of the Zaehringia were admitted as active members of the Friborg Grenadier Contingent.

 

1962  On June 23, the passage under the flags of the new drummers took place.

 

1963  On June 8, the Romande festival of fifes and drums took place with the participation of the entire Contingent.

 

1967 In June, the Romande banner was handed over to Savièse / VS in uniform.

 

1968  A merger takes place between the Zaehringia (drums) and the fifes of the Friborg Grenadiers Contingent.

 

1979 In June, the first federal festival of fifes and drums took place in Solothurn.

 

1972 In March; new Drum Major in the person of Mr. Marius Brügger and new fife instructor in the person of Mr. Alphonse Bertschy.

 

1977  The Zaehringia leaves the Friborg Grenadiers Contingent. Separation of the 2 groups (drums / fifes)

 

1978  A new formation with some Veterans of the Contingent is created under the name
“The Fife Clique & Drums of the Friborg Grenadier Contingent.

The Drum Majors

1952. Louis Aubert

1972. Marius Brügger

1999. Jean-Marc Oberson

2004. Pierre-Michel Pasquier

2009. Florian Bassenne

bottom of page